2.20.2009

Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11

This week I read this verse and it seemed to stick out to me especially because we have break this week. During breaks I usually sleep alot and pretty much do whatever I want...but I also found that I am more spiritually sound during breaks. I have less stress and more time that is devoted to God without having other worries or anxieties interfere. This verse says that we should live in peace...and not just on breaks. I think this verse shows how I should already be content with what God has given me. It's almost the exact opposite of what we're taught by the media and parents and stuff...to always want more money, to work harder in school to get a better paying job, etc. I'm sure that my parents are just trying to make sure I don't end up being a hobo on the street, but I know that God will provide for me wherever I end up. I just think it's awesome that I have that reassurance. Even if I were to end up as a hobo on the street, God is still going to be with me. I don't know what God's plan for me is in the future, but I am content because I have all I will ever need--His love. If God's love is with me on this earth and even past that, then the temporary things I acquire on this earth are of much less significance...

No comments: